For many of you who are still not clear on what exactly a sales funnel is, as we progress in this article you will get the key details with examples, and understand when to use sales funnel. In sales or marketing, leads usually spring up at the different stages of the buying process. This is dependent on the quality of the products and services you offer, and you might have to nurture these leads for months before converting them into customers.
In other words, a sales funnel is a marketing tool or concept for mapping out customer journeys through the buying or purchase process. The idea comes from a funnel-style design which is wide at the top and hollow below. This has to do with getting a large number of potential customers and taking them through the process from the top-end of the funnel to the bottom where only a few make purchases.
Setting up your sales funnel can streamline the consumer buying process significantly if done right. This will improve the customer’s buying experience by guiding them to exactly what they want, and then the purchase begins! Or they become loyal customers which is even better for your brand. In other to successfully push your product and services, your sales funnel should be made up of steps that consist of different marketing tools, such as, landing pages, social media campaigns, email and so much more.
There are a lot of sales funnel software that offers simplified and less complicated ways to track your sales and marketing campaigns with one-click reports. Although not every sale funnel software provides the funnel view, such as the example below, they all have the 4 basic stages of a sales funnel.
The 4 basic stages of a Sales Funnel are:
Let’s Check One Sales Funnel Example
As an online instructor, imagine an example of a sales funnels for your online course in Mindfulness would be like this:
- You know your potential targets hangout on Facebook. So, you create sponsored ads on the platform. Users stumble upon your Facebook ad offering them Mindfullness tips with a call-to-action “Download Mindfullness Music”
- Upon clicking the call-to-action button, usersare directed to your landing page where they can download this Music File. They are also prompted to opt-in to receive emails from you.
- The next day, they get newsletters containing information about your courses, and how they can improve their Mindfullness with links to various courses offered. They also get 10 or 20% coupons off their first order.
- Viola! They start signing up for one of your courses.
- Subsequently, they continue to receive your newsletters with discounts on signs up andcourse fees.
The above clearly shows the journey buyers go through before making a purchase and using sales funnel software will help your track these processes with detailed reports on the exact point conversion and sales happen, or were leads drop-off.
In other words, you have created ads following the four stages of a sale funnel.
- Awareness: Your Facebook ad targeted potential customers who are then funnelled to your website.
- Interest: You offer them value with your Mindfullnesscoursesto capture leads.
- Decision: Your follow-up newsletter informs and prepares them to make a purchase.
- Action: You offer them couponsthey can’t resist to sign up and buy your course. You continue to market again to boost loyalty and retention.
Nowadays, sales funnel tools have everything you need to build your funnel such as email marketing services, landing page builders, course hosting platforms and webinars, and so much more. This means you don’t need to carry out email marketing on a different platform and create a funnel on another or send out newsletters on an entirely different solution. Having all these features in one tool makes it easy for you to keep track of your sales and marketing efforts on the go, and it gets even better when it comes with a CRM tool included.
Should I buy a Sales Funnel Software?
For start-up businesses, you must begin your sales and marketing using sales funnel software. This not only helps with your budget but also allows you to capture leads faster. This means you won’t need the services of a web developer or using numerous tools for different purposes. However, you may want to ensure you get software that offers the key features you need to carry out your marketing efforts smoothly. Although some of this software offers webinar hosting, others may probably not have that feature. So, if your product or service requires hosting a webinar, you would have to find software that offers that.
For those already using different tools for the same purpose, you may want to assess the cost and see if switching to a single sales funnel software will be worth it for your business. Nevertheless, sale funnel software can be integrated with different applications, this may affect user experience and also be a hassle to organize.
Best Sales Funnel Builder Software
Check out our sales funnel software reviews to see which would be a perfect fit for your marketing efforts.
Clickfunnel is an online landing page builder. It boosts online sales funnels and improves business with advanced marketing strategies. The mode of operation of the platform is easy. It aims to turn website visitors into customers through the marketing funnel.
Some features available on Clickfunnels include;
- Landing Page Builder; The chief function of Clickfunnels is to create a landing page. As well as improve the conversion rate of a website. Although offers several other services to website users. Some tools on Clickfunnels page builder include;
- Templates; The page builder offer users several in-built templates. They enable them to create advanced landing pages in a matter of minutes. And done with several editing options and settings. This allows users to personalize the already-made templates.
Drag-and-drop tool; This tool on Clickfunnels assists users in creating or editing landing pages. With the easy drag-and-drop function, users can navigate through the pages and elements of the platform.
- Template Editors and Easy Customization; One of the platform’s amazing features is its advanced tools. They aid in easy editing and several customization tools. Tools that give users full control and access to any part of the landing page.
Integrations; Clickfunnels provide users with the option to integrate other marketing tools into the platform. As email integration like MailChimp, webinar, texts, several others with very easy steps. The platform partners with companies that enable easy setups of integration, some of which include;
- Active Campaign
- HTML form
- GoToWebinar and several others
Payment Options; Your online store isn’t efficient without integrating several payment options. Options that customers can utilize. Clickfunnels offer several payment gateways including; Stripe, Taxamo, Easy Pay Direct. ClickBank and Blue Snap amongst others.
Split Testing; Split testing in landing page builders is a core feature. It helps users determine the performance of a page. As well as the formats or patterns that are acceptable by visitors. On Clickfunnels, users can test conversion rates. They can determine the traffic percentage they want to view on different pages.
Followup Funnels; This feature is available on the Clickfunnels Platinum package. It offers the best services on the platform. The Follow-up funnels are automated email responder. It responds to emails from visitors. It creates a follow-up pattern with website visitors. Thence, keeping a close relationship with them. The Follow-up funnels come with a tool called the Backpack CRM. It assists in affiliate programs and makes them easier and more managed.
Clickfunnels offer subscribers three different plans with amazing offers. They are;
Click funnels; this is the most basic plan n ClickFunnels, accessible at $97 monthly. Users will have access to 20 funnels, up to 100 pages, 3 domain use. They will have access to funnel flix and hacker forum and 3 payment gateways. This plan allows for a single user. It does not support follow-up funnels and the weekly peer review hackathons.
Click funnels Platinum; Users have access to unlimited funnels and pages. It’s used with up to 3 users. Also 9 payment gateways, 9 domains, and unlimited follow-up funnels. Users will have priority customer support and several other features. This includes the weekly peer review hackathons. This plan is available at $297 monthly.
Two Comma Clubs; this plan provides advanced features and services to Clickfunnels users. It comes with unlimited access to funnels and pages. It has up to 10 sub-users, 27 payment gateway. It also has every other feature on the platinum plan. It is accessible at $2,497 per month.
We have checked out features available on Clickfunnels. But potential users should also know the downsides of this platform, as it is not all sweet talk. Based on popular opinions, the pro and cons of Clickfunnels are;
- Clickfunnels is focused on bringing profits to users as it offers several professional services
- The drag and drop builder accounts for ease of use on the platform
- There are several integration options
- A/B testing is amazing
- Clickfunnels is pricy
- Customer service is not best with advanced questions
- The platform could come up with bugs and outages, although rarely.
Getresponse is an online marketing tool. It provides several amazing online options. This includes landing page building, eCommerce options, and web hosting and sales funnels. With its automation builder, users can build great-looking landing pages. And do so in a couple of minutes with advanced market automation tools and templates. Although the platform offers several services. Landing pages are not its exclusive functions. It still serves the needs of landing page creation.
Some features of Getresponse landing page builder includes;
- Exclusive incentives that improve conversion rates and leads
- 100+ in-built templates that enable users to design landing pages within minutes
- Split testing that allows for up to 10 versions of a landing page
- Image editor and several customization options and many more.
Basic; the basic plan is accessible at $15 per month. It offers users email marketing, unlimited lead funnels and landing pages. As well as 1 Salesfunnel amongst others.
Plus; users will have all features available on the basic plan. And with up to 5 workflows, 5 funnels and 3 users amongst others. The Plus plan is accessible at $49 per month.
Professional; the professional plan offers users the whole plus package. It comes with up to 5 users.
The Max plan offers users several full customization options with flexibility.
Pros and Cons of Getresponse
- Ease of use
- Advanced features and services
- Integration with Google Analytics and other tools
- The drag and drop interface is quite quirky
- There is no phone support, except on the Max plan
There are lots of landing page builders are in the market. Unbounce is one of such. One highlight of this landing page builder is that it’s a conversion-driven platform. It comes with built-in tools which get leads and several other advanced features.
It comes with AI optimization, unlimited split testing and pop-ups and sticky bars.
They ensure website owners have a surety on the platform’s performance.
Features available on Unbounce and functions include;
Landing page; Unbounce offers great landing page functions. It has an advanced landing, page builder, and other amazing tools at the user’s disposal. Some of these tools include;
- The drag-and-drop builder enables users to customize any section of their landing pages. They do this with very simple functions.
- With over 100 templates, users can build pages with the in-built templates or start from scratch based on their preference.
- A user can save time with the Clone/edit function, which allows users to duplicate successful landing pages for new tasks.
- The copy and paste feature on Unbounce allows for users to copy and paste elements from created landing pages to others. Instead of, creating another from the scratch.
- Users have absolute control over the landing page builder with full customization access down to every detail.
- With Unbounce WP Landing page plugin, users can publish landing pages from their WordPress site or a custom domain.
Pop-ups and Sticky bars; Users can create Pop-ups and sticky bars. They enable them to generate leads and increase conversion rates. With the drag-and-drop builder on Unbounce, users can create pop-ups and sticky bars. They can shuffle through the several template options available on the platform. They can build pop-ups and sticky bars from the scratch. There are other amazing features for pop-ups and sticky bars on Unbounce. They include;
- Selecting who sees the pop-ups.
- How and when they can see pop-ups.
- The triggers and an automated schedule campaign that selects and shows top promotions.
Split testing; Users can test and improve landing pages with the platform’s A/B testing. It is accessible on Unbounce plans. They enable users to optimize landing pages and pop-ups to their greatest ability. Users can test different pages set to their preferred variation. Yhereno limitations regardless of the plan with a few clicks.
Reports and Analytics; Users can measure the performance on their landing pages and split testing using regular reports and analytics. It does this from the Unbounce dashboard. We can get the best results from integration with a Google Analytics plugin.
Other amazing functions of Unbounce include;
- Website owners can decide the relevant keywords and searches on their page. They can match the content on their page to the visitor’s search. Such enables conversion increment.
- With the AI optimization, users enjoy the advanced tool. It enables automated sending of traffic to the most important landing pages.
- With the AI algorithm optimizing from 50 visits, immediate increase in conversion. It does this without the statistically significant reports on tests and the fastest variations. This is all thanks to the Smart Traffic function available on the platform.
- Users can create Automated Mobile Pages. These offer speedy loads with up to 85% extra speed. More compared to Standard Mobile Pages and regular updates on the latest AMP standards.
- Website owners can also create and add forms to their landing pages with leads from builders.
There are three Unbounce plans which allow users to gain access to most/all features on the different plans. The plans include;
Launch; This plan is most suitable for small online businesses and new bloggers. Those with unlimited landing pages, pop-ups, and sticky bars. It is accessible from $79 per month with up to 20,000 visits in a month, 500 conversions, one domain use, and 2 users. This plan gives the subscriber access to most of the features available on Unbounce. But it has some restrictions on the AMP landing pages. On the advanced scheduling and targeting, smart traffic, and dedicated support.
Optimize; is accessible at $120. It offers users up to 30,000 monthly visits, 1,000 conversions, and 3 domains. It comes with many users. It allows for clients’ sub-accounts. And with only the exceptions of AMP and Advanced targeting and scheduling.
Accelerate; is available to users at $200 per month. It offers users access to the features on Unbounce. It has up to 2,000 conversions, 40,000 monthly visits and 7 domain uses and other features on the Optimize plan.
Scale; is the most advanced plan on Unbounce. It offers users up to 3,000 conversions, 50,000 visitors and 15 domain use. It has all features available on Accelerate. This plan is most suitable for large business owners with high traffic and conversions.
As stated earlier, Unbounce is a great landing page builder, but it comes with its quirks. The Pros and Cons of Unbounce based on online reviews and user feedbacks include;
- Quick and easy landing page creation and publishing
- Users can easily create variants for testing
- Users have access to excellent templates and third-party sources
- The platform is customizable
- A/B testing function is superb
- The form builder on Unbounce lacks some core features.
- Users cannot do Split testing on landing pages created outside Unbounce.
- You can’t track goals on Unbounce since there is no choice to add custom classes.
Instapage is another amazing landing page builder. It allows users to create effective landing pages, generate more leads and boost sales of products online. The platform provides users with professional tools. Including several templates that produce high conversion rates with little effort. The platform offers users several amazing features and services. They enable users to improve their website based on visitor’s data and contributions.
Some features available on Instapage include;
Templates; Instapage’s marketing content promotes the idea that the platform offers over 200 templates. But users have confirmed that the templates available on Instapage’s are about 80. And they are of excellent designs and functions.
With these templates, users can build landing pages and create pop-ups and sticky bars. And do so within a couple of minutes. They may start from scratch if they so wish. The templates offer users different options and sections for landing page building. Such as sales form, app downloads, event registration, sign-up forms. And even basic functions as a thank-you note with several filters. Those allow for editing and customization.
Drag-and-drop Builder; On Instapage, users create/edit landing pages. This includes the option to place elements of the page, anywhere on the platform. Do this with the “drag-and-drop” feature. This feature allows users to configure their landing pages. And to their preferred structure and presentation.
Instablocks advanced Optimize urgency is an Instapage feature. It offers users great timesaving functions. It does this for speedy creation of landing pages. It enables users to build a series of assets and blocks that are reusable. To create as many landing pages as they want in a matter of minutes. This feature includes other amazing functions. They include the creation of CTA, page headers and footers. Plus any other content a user may want to use on many pages with the platform.
Landing Page Tools; Instapage provides users with several amazing landing page tools/widget. They enable users to add a range of elements into their landing pages. The process is easy. A user can click on either widgets on the sidebar menu of the Editor. Then drop the element anywhere on the canvas and move it to anywhere on the page. The widgets available on Instapage include;
- Straight lines (vertical and horizontal)
- Circles and
- HTML widgets
Mobile-Friendly Designs; On Instapage, users switch to the mobile view of a page. They set the platform to be mobile-friendly by default. The user can change it to suit only their access. But, the user cannot create 2 different versions of a page. So users can only hide elements they do not want visible to a set of the device.
Integration Options; Instapage offer users a wide variety of analytics tools. Along with webinar providers and email marketing amongst other third-party solutions. Tools that aid sale promotions and connections with other apps online.
A/B Testing; the landing page builder allows users run split tests on their landing pages. It enables them to create new copies of a landing page. Users can do this with simple edits on elements such as CTA. Then provide different versions of the landing pages to visitors. Done to determine which is more acceptable to visitors.
Tracking and Report; Users can track the performance of a landing page with the in-built heatmap tool. This could provide reasons for degenerating leads and fallbacks of landing pages to users. It helps in improvement of areas that need restructuring. Heatmap provides users with details on conversion rates. Along with other analytics data that tracks a landing page’s performance.
Aside from these amazing features, users also enjoy other benefits on Instapage including;
- Multiple-use/collaboration on a project or same landing page. Along with documentation of the work progress, communication. And with changes made on the project.
- The platform also provided users with support for the creation of Google AMP landing pages. Along with the option to integrate landing pages with Google AdWords. Those that allow track advertising data inside their instapage dashboard.
Instapage offer users two plans. One of which has full customization options of a user’s specific needs of the platform.
Business; the Business plan offers users needed tools and elements needed. To create and optimize post-click pages for high conversion rates. The plan costs $149 per month. It comes with unlimited conversions, conversion analytics, AdMap, Heatmaps, Split testing. It comes with several other amazing features. It has over 30,000 visits per month, up to 5 workspace and users with 30 landing page experience. It offers a pretty great function for both small and large businesses.
The Enterprise plan provides subscribers with the option to customize their needed features. They can do so from the several features available on the plan. And with the price based on their customization.
Instapage offers amazing features and services for landing page building and other functions. But, the builder has its downsides. The user needs to consider these factors before deciding if it suits your needs of it.
The pros and cons of Instapage include;
- Instapage provides users with a wide variety of professional templates.
- Users can deliver files and sell items from through their landing pages.
- It offers great ease of use for beginners.
- Moderate mobile support.
- Moderate mobile support &documentations.
- Instapage offers a great platform for good collaboration of team members.
- Instapage does not offer as many templates like some other landing page builders.
- The platform does not offer a wide range of plans.
- eCommerce options are quite limited.
- The price is quite high.
Landingi is not the best landing page builder in the market. But it offers users several amazing features and services. Those enable them to create both basic and advanced landing pages. And also boosts conversion rates and sales of products. The platform provides users with great visuals and tools. As well as the ability to integrate their landing pages with third-party tools.
Some of the amazing features of Landingi include;
Templates; users will have access to over 200 templates. That enables them to create landing pages by editing them to meet their preference. They also have the option to create their landing pages from scratch. And import their landing page file. Landingi offers users several templates for different industrial purposes. It also offers an easy customization/editing process with the drag-and-drop tool.
Split Testing; With split testing, users can determine the performance of their landing pages. And improve their websites and online business. Users can do this based on visitors’/customers ’ acceptance.
Integration; Landingi is in partnership with several third-party apps. They allow for integrating the apps and tools with landing pages created on the platform. The platform also offers users several SEO tools, SSL certificates. Also, many royalty-free images and several other amazing features and functions.
Drag and Drop; The drag-and-drop builder makes all activities on landing easy. Beginners can maneuver through the pages and get acquainted with the platform
Landing offers users up to four plans which are;
Core; This plan is available at $29 per month. It offers users unlimited landing pages and conversions. It comes with up to 5,000 monthly visitors, 1 custom domain, 150 landing pages, and many users. This plan lacks several advanced features though. Features like pop-ups, free images, custom HTML and more.
Create; provide users with several advanced features and services at $55 monthly. Users get all the benefits on the core plan. This has up to 50,000 visitors, 10 custom domains, 200+ landing pages. Also has pop-ups, pop-up templates, 5000 free images, custom HTML, and several others.
Automate; is the most advanced plan on Landingi. It offers users up to 100,000 visitors, 20 domains and smart sections. And other features on the Create plan, it is accessible at $79 per month.
The plans on Langingi are very affordable. They offer users several amazing features. This includes unlimited user accounts on all the plans. The features and services on Landingi may seem great. But, the platform also comes with hitches, which brings us to the Pros and Cons of Landingi.
- Many templates
- Great widgets
- Lots of extra features
- The mobile view is not automatic
- The analytics available is quite basic, although it supports Google Analytics.